Thursday 16 June 2011

She's all grown up!



I still remember the first time i saw my little sister. She was pink! No let me correct myself. She was PINK!!! Like i didn't know anyone could be thaaaaat pink. She looked straight out of a drawing! And i remember thinking to myself "uh, oh... that's my sis???".

I remember so many times with her as we grew up...  how while she was a baby i used to slowly sway her around while constantly talking to her as my voice reached a crescendo and she'd do her baby-giggle, how we'd fight over the remote while watching TV, how once i made her cry while trying to teach her math and then felt horrible about it, how she sometimes likes to hug me in her sleep but i always push her away, how she used to wake up crying everytime i used to leave home for college (to the extent that i stopped saying bye cos i'd always leave with a heavy heart anyways), how she always used to run away from a photo (to the extent that i'd only pics of her asleep in my room), how she called me when she got really high at a party and was scared cos she hadn't been that high before, times i've cried with her and times i've spent watching her grow up and face her challenges bravely... and so many times more...

Sometime ago I had gone to Bangalore (I hate calling it 'Bengaluru') for a friend's wedding and was gonna stay with my sis for a bit as well... as i got to her place we chatted for a while and i was informed chicken had been made (by the maid) for me specially! So after a little chilling we all sat down to dinner to discover the chicken had gone horribly wrong (hahahahaha...was super funny cos it was virtually completely raw!) and my sister was so pissed with her maid as she took the chicken into the kitchen and we began cooking it some more... we watched a movie and mid-way fell asleep...

In the morning she woke up early, made me breakfast and left for college. When i woke up i was alone... I remember looking around her room. I remember being completely overwhelmed... here i was, in my little sister's apartment, being taken care of by her. There was an immense sense of pride. I cried. Little bit.

My baby sis... wasn't anywhere close to a baby anymore!

So much about her stood out from being anywhere close to average. She'd grown into someone who was such a strong, distinct and unique individual.

Here's a pic of what she made me for breakfast that morning... it was really nice. Honest.
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment