Thursday 25 October 2012

Nobody Gets It All Right...

There are things in life, we regret but we still probably would wanna go through them again - cos we learnt valuable lessons... n there are those that we wish we could change - even if we did learn from them...

This is about a bit of both...

So, if I could change things about my life, what would I change... and what would I go through anyway...


  • Polio - while I never really had to deal with the effects of having been affected by Polio by myself (my upbringing kinda conditioned me to such an extent that it was a non-issue in my own head), it has occasionally made me wonder if I would've been a supreme athlete. The truth is, its impossible to know, maybe I worked hard to compensate. But, it has been a gift of sorts... has given me a lot of confidence and self belief that there is no such thing as a handicap - credit for this almost entirely goes to my folks for bringing me up the way they did.
    • Verdict - Go through anyway! (Sorry Michael Jordan, we can be team-mates in another life...)
  • Infidelity - I've been intensely romantically involved with 3 women, and for various reasons been unfaithful to each of them in various degrees... and various shades of stupidity. I really loved/love each one of them deeply. I wish I could turn back the pain I've caused them. 
    • Verdict - Rewind. Erase. Make it up to em. Wasn't worth it. Change.
  • Impatience - at various times, I've been terribly impatient with the people I love dearly. From teaching my darling sister Mathematics to having the patience to listen to well-meaning advice from mum... I kinda didn't try hard enough.
    • Verdict - Should've. Could've. Change.
  • Career Choice - so I entered the 'movie business' cos I loved watching movies and sorta had been trained by coincidence in business skills. But eventually, I fell out with the 'business' of filmmaking... or well, atleast it lost some of it's magic. It still does inspire and is gratifying at times, atleast more than I imagine other jobs would be. Also now I've a great set of colleagues going - it helps! But I always dreamt, i'd make more money than I am, quicker than I am. Maybe, I should've followed my skill with science or payed with numbers a little more... Stock broker maybe? But it isn't all about the money - definitely not.
    • Verdict - Jury Hung.
  • Creepy Puberty-ish Stuff - as a kid i've done some random creepy stuff that i wish i never did.
    • Verdict - Erase.
  • Being "out-there" - No explanations.
    • Verdict - Some regrets. Some Cherished.
And yet, one can be happy anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment