Thursday 2 February 2012

Making Space...

I've often heard people speak of the power of positive thinking... In my opinion positive thoughts are fantastically fragile. Sometimes virtually powerless against negativity, insecurity, distrust and inertia... Defeatist thinking and painful emotions are funnily extremely powerful.

Remember the last time you got over a lack of trust in a jiffy? On the other hand, remember how easily you lost your grasp over any good thing?

In the last few days i've had the pleasure of interacting with a couple of people whom i've felt have somehow been able to make the universe 'move' and 'make space' for them and their dreams with their positivity, diligence and honesty. Both were hugely inspiring in their own way.

So the concept of 'cosmic timing' seems to have found its way into my head (well actually one of em might have planted it there...). Ever noticed how when you're in the best frame of mind, you tend to meet the most vibrant and interesting people?

I've begun to believe that there possibly is such a thing as 'cosmic timing'... that the 'universe' (or call it what-you-will - god, energy, a higher power etc) will somehow magically change to figure things out for you when you're somehow able to ________________

Sorry, i don't really have the answers as to what you need to be able to do to make the universe your buddy, but... I'd like to share some of the common threads I found in both these people...

  • they both loved what they were doing in life
  • they both actively pursued things that gave them happiness - and they worked hard in these pursuits
  • they were somehow magically structured while also being instinctive - they had structured their lives in a way that allowed for them to be instinctive
  • their approach to life was simplified... 'I will always do what makes me happy and stay honest to myself'... 
  • neither was remotely lazy. Neither was afraid to take responsibility for their mistakes. Neither had it easy...
  • they were both in good health and fit
  • they were fantastically vibrant - to the point of being inspiring
I know it sounds rather simplistic... but somehow it makes me happy to just think like this.

Reminds me of these scenes from my favourite SRK movie (and i like only a few)... scene 1 (with english subtitles) and scene 2 (after he gets reincarnated)...

The possibilities seem limitless... 

No comments:

Post a Comment