Wednesday 8 February 2012

Angler Banega Kya Fisherman? (2002)

I took a lift,
onto a sailing ship,
to become a fisherman 
out in the ocean
instead of an angler
sitting in the backwater.

So there I was with
bait in one hand
and rod in the other
with all around staring in wonder!

As they cast their net
into the water
they caught little frightened 
fish, woken from slumber.

So I called out to a man,
"Yo, can I give ya a hand?"
He turned around with friendly 
eyes and said, "You bet man!"

He gave me a net
which I cast into the sea
but caught no little fish
unlike he!

No need to bait,
No need to wait,
Just throw and watch the show
when the net comes over the bow.

Stubborn, I cast my net again,
And believe me, this fish was plain,
I looked at it and without a thought,
Sold that fish for... nought.

The fisherman, they fished 
to survive, but
funnily, as an angler,
I enjoyed more pleasure.

So fishing, as you can see
is not for me
Coz I like a fish that's alive
And not afraid to take a dive.

Someday, I hope to be
an Angler out at sea,
sailing back home
with my fish beside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment