Wednesday 18 January 2012

A Shopping List for Mom

So some friends of mine were chatting about arranged marriages and 'coffee dates' and what not...

I found the whole exercise kinda funny... Sounds like speed dating with a deadly outcome! When relatives ask about me getting married I always say, "when you find me some nice girlsss..."... which usually kinda ends the conversation after a little bit of a laugh...

Out of my entire list of friends from business school, I officially know of only 3 other bachelors apart from myself. Not that i feel the pressure to get married at all but merely illustrating that I am possibly part of a species nearing extinction... Mom frets though :)

I've never really been good with relationships. Always felt stifled or ended up stifling someone in them. My only real relationship lasted a little over a year... However, I somehow seem to be this magical gift to the women that get involved with me cos they all seem to find 'love' or settle down with the next guy they date after me!!! I wonder why? *amazed expression*

So, for kicks. A list of 10 things Mom would have had the pleasure of looking out for IF i was interested...

  1. She's got to have "it". You either have "it" or you don't. "it" can't be taught. "it" is magic. (and sorry, if you're asking yourself what "it" is... that can't be a good sign!).
  2. Talk, Dark n Pretty: Most of the women that take my breath away inevitably seem to fall into this category... but being a liberal man of the 21st century and all that, I'll consider others too...
  3. Big Dreamy Eyes and a Smile that's 'Innocent Witchcraft': when she makes em at you, they've gotta make you feel like your taking a walk in the clouds... ah! I've known women like that... 
  4. Idiosyncrasies: if you don't have em, not interested.
  5. Must wash my clothes, massage my feet, and proclaim me to be the greatest man alive. every morning. Ok, Ok... not every morning? lol... but on an honest note, i like a woman who's feminine. And in a very broad and liberal sense, I find women that've feminine emotional traits extremely attractive...
  6. Strict No-Nos: smokers. painfully independent types. duh-types. painfully ambitious types. (thought the latter 3 sometimes are very palatable for various other moments in life!)
  7. Vulnerability, goodness, nurturing, intelligent, inner-strength, honesty, affectionate, warm, expressive, committed, liberal - ideal qualities...
  8. If she can cook well: *nods vigorously in approval*
  9. In the words of Usher, "a lady in the streets and a freak in the bed": so i might not tell mom this... BUT this matters! 
  10. Passion: my woman must have a passion for something... anything. but intense passion is a must.
Did I hear you ask if we lived happily ever after?

No comments:

Post a Comment